(The Apostolic Episcopal Communion & Fellowship
is in no way attached to the Apostolic Episcopal Church and is not a part of the AEC in any way.)
application materials must be received by
the National Office within 10 weeks of receipt of the original submission
packet. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed for candidacy
determination. Applications not completed within 10 weeks will be securely
Part 1 (The Profile, Attached Documents, and Signed Statement) must be
submitted together in one packet.
Part 2 (Transcripts and References) must be received directly by the National
Office in hard copy (no emails).
Part 3 (Interview) will be scheduled after all the paperwork has been received
and reviewed. The interview should be in person.
Upon completion of the Interview, the Candidacy Committee will review the
applicant's file and determine in a timely way whether to accept the applicant
into candidacy. All applicants will be notified in writing.
1. Today's date.
2. Your Full Name.
3. Date and place of Birth.
5. Present Address and email address.
6. Phone Number
7. Marital Status (single, married, divorced, widowed, etc.)
8. Name of Spouse and any children, with ages.
9. Overview of your religious/church affiliations since childhood: in what
tradition were you raised? baptized? confirmed? married? etc. Have you been
ordained or licensed? What strengths and/or shortcomings do you carry with you
from those affiliations?
10. Are you currently ordained/licensed? In what denomination?
11. Are you currently under the care of a Bishop or non-episcopal denomination?
Who? If you were under care, but are no longer, please describe the
circumstances of the separation.
Note: A E C & F Churches will not incardinate any ordained person who
has not been released by his/her previous bishop or previous denomination,
except in special circumstances which must be adjudicated by the bishop.
12. Are you now being, or have you ever been, treated for a chronic physical,
mental, or emotional illness? Include experience with 12 step recovery
programs. Please describe.
13. Have you ever been charged or convicted of any crime in any jurisdiction,
church, criminal, or civil courts?
1. Standard resume of your work experience and educational histories. Indicate
if any previous or current employers may be contacted for information.
2. Autobiographical essay, including family-of-origin information and family
tree, history of residences, significant events and people, turning points in
your life, your understanding of your own spirituality and ethics and how you
got there, and your place in the world as steward to humanity and
3. Essay discussing your understanding of the Anglican Tradition and the
Apostolic Episcopal Communion and Fellowship. Reflect on why you locate
yourself within the Anglican Tradition of faith, and how you feel the A E C
& F will provide you with the context to live out the ministry you are
called to do. With respect to Anglicansim, reflect on your understanding of
Eucharist, the episcopacy, and the Prayer Book.
4. Write your own personal statement of faith. Describe how you arrived at this
credo. How does this statement reflect your understanding of the core of the
Gospel message? How does this statement reflect your understanding of the
problem of human suffering and a loving God?
Please do not send originals of the following documentation.
5. Certificates/Diplomas showing completion of education, formation and
6. Baptismal and confirmation certificates (or date/location/denomination)
For ordained clergy transferring to the A E C & F Churches:
7. Letter of transfer or letter of excardination from your present
ecclesiastical authority (if you were not provided with this, please explain
8. Ordination certificates (deacon, priest/elder)
Please copy the following statement to a separate sheet of paper, and sign and
I, (insert your full name), do hereby apply for admission into candidacy status
with the Apostolic Episcopal Communion and Fellowship Churches. I understand
that submission of this application does not guarantee acceptance into
candidacy. I understand that no church official is making any promises to me
regarding future employment or income, the provision of health insurance or
other benefits, or any other guarantees. This information is true and accurate
to the best of my knowledge, and I understand that providing false information
for the purposes of ordination can result in civil action against me as well as
termination of holy orders and/or affiliation.
(Please Sign and Date)
TRANSCRIPTS & REFERENCES
The following documents must be sent in hard copy directly from the source
(school, reference), to the National Office.
1. Educational transcripts for each school, degree, program undertaken
(completed or not)
2. Three letters of reference, sent directly from the reference. At least one
should be from an academic perspective (on school letterhead), and one should
be from a pastoral perspective. If you have completed any accredited units of
Clinical Pastoral Education, please provide copies of both self and supervisor
ALL candidates will be required to undergo basic psychological testing and a
background check at their own expense. Deliberate misrepresentation (by
omission, modification, or falsification) of personal information will
automatically disqualify a candidate from further consideration.
Your interview is an opportunity for us to get to know you better, and for you
to get to know us better. The interview will take place in person if possible,
and by Skype or phone otherwise. So take your time, and try to feel comfortable
and have fun with this. Let yourself shine through. Some of the suggested areas
that your interviewer will likely ask you about are:
1. Describe what particular ministry you are called to do. (Pastoral
counseling, healing, contemplative, missionary work, etc.) How have you
discerned this? What gifts of the Spirit do you bring to the ministry?
2. Brag time: talk about your hobbies, and the things you do to rejuvenate your
heart and soul. How do you relieve stress? What in your life are you especially
3. What three words best describe you?
4. How do you believe the A E C & F Churches can contribute to the building
up of your ministry? And how do you believe you can contribute to the building
up of the A E C & F Churches?
Upon completion of the application process and review for acceptance or denial
(and the period of candidacy if accepted), the written application documents
will be shredded, and any electronically submitted files will be deleted. Basic
personal information (name, address, etc.) necessary for conducting Church
business is recorded in a secure database. This information is never released
without prior permission, and mailing lists are never sold nor shared
|2015 Dayspring Gathering Ft. Laudeerdale, FL